Thursday, July 3, 2014

Guest Post:: Pink Polish and Running Shoes {Favorite Quotes}

Hi Everyone! I'm Chrissy and I blog over at Pink Polish andRunning Shoes. I found Nichole's blog a few months ago and I've been reading it every day since so I'm really excited to get the opportunity to guest blog on Upbeat Uplifts. In order for you to all get to know me a little Nichole asked me to answer these three questions at the beginning of my post:

1).   Why did you start blogging
I've always had a passion for health and fitness. I studied journalism and dreamed of working for a magazine like Women's Health, Shape or Self so when I stumbled upon the healthy living blogger community I was immediately hooked. I read a handful of blogs everyday and secretly thought about starting my own. In February, I finally worked up the courage to begin writing Pink Polish and Running Shoes and now four months later I'm completely in love! I'm also an editor and writer by trade, but I work for a technology publication so blogging allows me the freedom to write about topics that interest me.

2). How long have you been blogging?
I've been blogging for four months.

3).What is something you love to do outside blogging?
I love to run. I also like to shop. I worked in retail all through college and grad school, which turned me into quite the little shopper for a while, but thankfully I've learned what a budget is and now I stick to it.

I thought since this is sort of a “get-to-know-you” post, I'd share some of my favorite quotes with you. These words of wisdom are things I like to remind myself of when I need a little pick me up.



I love this quote because it reminds me that everyone has their own unique path in life. It's easy to get down on yourself when things don't workout the way you had planned, or to feel jealous of others. I try to remind myself that I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.


I'm a bit of an overachiever and I often get ahead of myself worrying about the future and how to get to the next step in my career. Sometimes I get so caught up that I forget to stop and be thankful for what I have now like a loving family, amazing boyfriend, adorable cat named Oscar and a job that makes me happy. Not to mention the fact that I'm healthy, have enough food and a roof over my head.


I love this because I truly believe in trying to banish negativity from your life. I'm not always very successful at doing so, but I find that when you focus on the good things you don't have time to let the bad get to you.


What inspires you?

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic post Chrissy :) I definitely agree with you that we all have a different path that we are set to go down :) & I too try & banish all negativity :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...