Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Guest Post:: Underland to Wonderland {What Disney Taught Me}

Hi guys!! I'm Danielle of Underland to Wonderland and a big fan of Upbeats Uplifts and all it stands for. I am so pumped to be here and guest posting for you all so a huge thank you Nichole for asking me :)
Before I kick it off I have a handful of questions Nichole asked me to answer for you to get to know me a little better, so here goes -

1) Why did you start blogging?
I actually started blogging during a period of being unemployed. I thought it would be a productive activity to keep me busy and positive while looking for a job. After I got a job I kept it up (obviously) and became more of a documentation of life that my family, who live over 60miles away, could share.

2) How long have you been blogging?
My first blog was a daily blog documenting my first ever trip abroad alone to Disneyland Paris. That was in 2010. After that I had a couple little blogs that never really stuck but since starting Underland to Wonderland (previously Once Upon A Time They Lived Happily Ever After) in November of 2011 I haven't been able to stop! Long story short around 4.5  years haha

3) What is something you love to do outside blogging?
Anything that is outdoors and with my little family. Jake, my partner and I, are both big into photography and along with Baker our dog we enjoy nature walks and hikes. Combining the two is probably my biggest love!
Okay, so know you know a little more how about a post about a huge part of my life that I mentioned in that intro? Disney!! Anything and everything Disney features regularly on my blog but this post is something I've never done. I'm going to talk about the life lessons Disney has taught me though the years and how it has inspired me to be the good person I strive to be today!!



1. Go into every situation with a positive outlook, being kind to everyone no matter what. 
Snow White was a prime example of a beautiful soul who was envied by others but remained positive through out her experiences. She was caring and kind to all she encountered, big or small, no matter what creature.

2. Family doesn't just have to mean the group of people you are born into. Good friends are the family you choose. 
Mike Wazowski & Sully. Frat brothers, work colleagues, best buddies. Winnie the Pooh and Piglet. Neighbours, friends, family. And Lilo and Stitch, the best example with one of the best movie quotes ever,''Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind.'' to name a few!

3. Use bad experiences to your advantage
You can't keep thinking about the past, but you can learn from it and be a better person because of it. Simba in the Lion King did!


4. Whether you are under appreciated and over worked or treat badly and bullied. Smile.
Never bite back or sink to the same level as those who don't value your worth. Keep a smile on your face and continue to work hard and you will prove the wrong eventually. You could even sing a happy little song too, like Cinderella.

5. Always be YOU!
Never pretend to be something your not to impress others, the real you will shine through sooner or later and you'll be caught out like Aladdin. In the end if people don't like you for you then they don't deserve your friendship anyways!!

Lastly, 6. “When life gets you down do you wanna know what you've gotta do? Just keep swimming!” 


There we have it. Thank you so very much again for having me here today. I hope you enjoyed my quick little life lesson, courtesy of Disney :) I'm sure there are alot more lessons to be found between the scenes, maybe I'll even do a part two eventually....Ooohh! Which is your favorite lesson? What else have you learned about life from a Walt Disney story?



2 comments:

  1. Yey!! Thanks again for having me Nichole!! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a magical post Danielle! :) thanks for sharing those tips with us :) I sat & smiled & agreed through pretty much every one :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...