Sunday, July 13, 2014

Guest Post:: Small Girl Big Dreams 1993 {Blogging}

I have always loved writing for as long as I can remember. When I was younger I would sit and write short stories or poems whilst my friends would prefer to sit and watch cartoons and movies.

As I have grown older, my passion for writing has developed even more and has become a huge part of my life. Not only does writing allow my imagination to run wild and write fictional stories, but it also allows me to escape from the real world and express myself in a non-verbal manner.

I am currently in my third year of university - due to graduate in the summer (fingers crossed!!) - and I finally know what I want to do with my life. Well, saying that, I'm not exactly 100% sure but I am pretty certain. The media degree I have studied has been all theory and essay based. A lot of people outside of my course have wondered how we enjoy it so much - 'all essays and no practical work? You must be mad!', they would say. But no, it's only mad if you don't enjoy writing. For me it was perfect.

I really want to go into writing as a career which is one of the reasons I have set up my blog. I'm not sure if I want to write feature articles in newspapers, in magazines or online etc yet, but I do know that I want to go into some form of writing in the media industry.

I decided to set up my blog in March this year in order to help me gain more confidence and experience in my writing. I thought it would be a fantastic opportunity for me to develop my writing further, and it honestly has. I have only been blogging two months, but I have thoroughly enjoyed it. I have met some of the most amazing people, gained a new love for things that I wouldn't have thought twice about before blogging and I have grown so much more positive and confident in both myself and my writing.

The one thing I am a bit annoyed at myself for though, is not telling any of my family and friends about my blog. I really want to share it with them, but I just don't have the confidence yet. I'm positive that they would support my blog, whether they like what I write or not, but I just haven't had the courage to share it with them and tell them about it yet. I think mostly it is because I'm afraid of being judged. In person, I am pretty shy and find it difficult to speak my mind in case I get judged in a negative manner. I suppose everything takes time though and I will soon have the confidence to share my writing with people who know me personally.

My blog doesn't just focus on one particular topic, it covers a range of different things. I have written book reviews, opinionated posts, posts about myself and my day-to-day life and posts which my readers are able to relate to. Due to having university deadlines since I began blogging, I have also had many guest posts on my blog too - one of which was Nichole. All the guest posts were absolutely wonderful and really interesting so I was so thankful I could share them on my blog. Even though my deadlines have now finished, I still welcome guests to write posts for me to publish as I believe it is a fantastic opportunity for them to get noticed more, as well as being a pleasure for me to share too.

I can honestly say that joining the blogging community has been one of the best decisions I have made this year. Everyday I wake up looking forward to connecting with other bloggers, sharing posts with them and most of all, reading their wonderful posts.

I would like to say a massive thank you to Nichole for giving me the chance to feature on her blog :)


You can find my blog at - smallgirlbigdreams1993
And also find me on twitter at - @bigdreams1993

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...