Last night my mom and I decided to give one of my many Pinterest dinner ideas a try! A few weeks back I shared a bucket list of sorts with recipes that I wanted to make sometime soon, all which came from my boards on Pinterest. Now even though the meal we decided upon last night was not from the specific list I posted, I am still proud to say a Pinterest creation was made - Buffalo Chicken Wraps!
• Egg roll wrappers
• Shredded chicken
• Dry cole slaw
• Buffalo Sauce
• Ranch for serving
• *optional - blue cheese*
• && chicken rice for a side dish
Note: Below are the brands we used, yet brands may vary based on where you are located.
Step 1- Prepare the chicken:
• Used Tyson Grilled & Ready Pulled Chicken Breast
• Heat in skillet on medium for 5-7 minutes
• During cooking used spatula to further shred chicken
|Right: before cooking - Left: cooked|
• Stir chicken and hot sauce together
Note: Amount of sauce to use is your personal choice depending on spice preference.
Step 2- Make the wraps:
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
• Spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray
• Lay egg roll wrappers on a clean surface
• Place one tablespoon of cole slaw on diagonal corner of wrapper
• Place 2 tablespoons of chicken onto of the slaw
• *if using blue cheese add 1 tablespoon here*
• Fold and roll the wrapper
• && repeat
Note: We made 20 wraps and had 8 left over after serving 4 people.
• Ready to be cooked!
Step 3- Baking instructions
• Bake for 12-15 minutes
• Rolls should be crisp and turn a light golden brown
Side Dish- Knorr Rice Sides:
• Boil 2 cups of water, 1 tablespoon of margarine and package contents
• Stir and cover
• Reduce heat and let simmer for 7 minutes or until rice is tender
• Let stand for 2 minutes
Note: I used 2 packages so all was doubled.
|Right: during cooking - Left: cooked|
They turned out incredibly delicious and were a hit with the fam! As we were eating, we talked about how easy it would be to make these with other sauces and even shrimp. We'll be experimenting!
Have you made anything like this before?
Find the original recipe here!
❤ Nichole ❤