Sunshine can make for a much better day, who else is with me? I know personally when I wake up to a bright light out my window, I instantly am in a better mood. I tend to feel more positive and energized when all I have done is open my eyes. I also have noticed over time that sunny days are the days I end up being more productive. It's crazy how one simple thing can make such a difference.
A better day is just one advantage of sunlight.
There are actually many benefits associated with the sun - more of a reason to get up and get outside!
1) Builds the immune system
- increases white blood cells, which aid in the defense against infections
2) Improve metabolism
- raises metabolic rate through creation of vitamin D3
3) Healthier skin
- helps clear up skin problems such as eczema, psoriasis, and acne
4) Sleep better
- regulates ones internal biological clock
5) Stronger bones
- vitamin D maximizes calcium absorption
6) Lowers cholesterol
- cholesterol stored in skin can be converted to vitamin D
7) Lower blood pressure
- improves circulation by dilating blood vessels
8) Helps to decrease depression
- releases endorphins and fights seasonal affective disorder
All around the sun can help you feel healthier and happier!
Note: Although there are many benefits associated with sunlight know this is not me advising you to go sit outside for hours at a time. Please, still be smart and careful in your exposure to direct UV rays.
Questions of the Day:
1) Do you notice yourself in a better mood on sunny days?
2) Which advantages of sunlight were you aware of?
3) Are there any benefits that surprised you?