Thursday, May 1, 2014

It Starts With You

Happy day it's the first of May! :) Okay, so, not sure where that urge to rhyme came from, but I went with it. And…now that I got my silly self out for a second onto the rest of today's post! 

We all have ideas of how others should act. We all have expectations of those who are in our lives. Yet, have we every stopped to look at ourselves? Have we determined if we exemplify all the things that we want in others? Because, if not how can we ask someone else to be something we aren't?

Well, we really can't or more so we shouldn't, although we still do. We have to be the person that we wish to see in others. I'm sure that this sounds incredibly cliche, but it is true. And it is important. 

It starts with you us.


1) If you want to be trusted, be honest.
We cannot expect others to trust us with what we say and who we are if we are not willing to be an honest person ourselves. This also means that if we are not honest with other people we cannot hold them to the standard of being honest in their relationships with us. 

2) If you want to be honest, be true.
Honesty comes from being true - being true to family, friends, and self. Everyone that is in our life deserves that respect from us. If we want to be taken seriously in the things we say and do then we have to come across as being a truthful and trustworthy person. 

3) If you want to be true, be yourself. 
One of the biggest components of being able to be true is being able to be yourself. We all are unique and special in our own way. We have to be confident in the skin we are in and walk around showing it. To me, the root of this all is being you. By being yourself you can be true those in your life, if you are true then you can be honest, and if you are honest you can be trusted. 

We all at some-point look for others to be honest, true and themselves. But, before we jump to conclusions about others from now on…let's first take a step back and look in the mirror. 

Questions of the Day:
1) What are your thought and or opinions on this?
2) Do you feel like you hold yourself to the same standards you do others?
3) What's the biggest thing you look for/expect in and of others?

❤ Nichole 

Big thank you out to Amanda for always hosting this Thursday link-up!


6 comments:

  1. You always have the mot lovely and uplifting posts... thank you for another one :) I'd like to think that I hold myself to the same standards that I hold others... especially since hypocrisy is one of the things that drives me the most crazy... but obviously it's not something that I'm 100% successful at. Work in progress for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amanda! That means more then you could possibly know! :) I don't think we all are 100% profile by at it or can be but I think it's the difference of trying and being aware and just not caring! You obviously care:) it's something we all can work at. And hypocrisy drives me crazy too!

      Delete
  2. I feel like I have always held people to the same standard that I hold myself to, sometimes to a fault. I have a tendency to see things a certain way, so if I do something or react a certain way, I expect others to do the same. Sure, that isn't really the best way to handle things at times, but if I am not willing to hold people to a high standard, then I am not going to be around high quality people.
    I think that the thing I look for the most in other people is loyalty. Above all else, you need to be loyal to your friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loyalty is definietly important! And I like how you made the connection of being around high quality people<3

      Delete
  3. I look for loyalty in others. I would consider myself to be a loyal friend/family member so i expect the same in return. I know people aren't perfect though and neither am I so there is always room for forgiveness. I try to remember that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remembering we all aren't perfect is so crucial. We all make mistakes because we all are human. It's definietly hard for me when people are loyal. I take it to heart. Because like you I consider myself to be a very loyal friend and family member too.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...