Hey friends! So this morning I am escaping the cold and snow of Michigan with my mom and heading out to Dallas, TX. Now the temperatures there right now are not exactly scorching (30s to 50s), but I'll take it over 9 and below! The reason we're headed down there is to work NCA/NDA All-Star Nationals, a huge cheer and dance competition. I'll be specifically at the dance venue for the weekend. One thing I have been looking forward to for months about this trip is the fact I'm going to be able to see some great people who live down there and work for HQ who I haven't seen in numerous years. They all have been apart of my life since I was in 7th grade and mean the world to me. But before I start rambling too much let me stop myself and get to the point of this post, sharing my favorites from the week.
While I was at work on Thursday I overheard some chit chat in the lobby, but continued to mind my own business and when I came out of my office next I found these sitting at the front desk.
Giant cookies for the taking! When I asked where they had come from I was informed that a representative who we purchase some units from stopped by to say hi and brought them into us. I debated tackling one on my own, however when I picked it up and realized I hadn't had lunch yet...
I decided to split one to forgo a stomach ache. Let me tell you, half was plenty enough. I found a label on the container which said they were from Ramona's Table. I have never heard of this place before, but what I can tell you is the cookies were tasty and they are located in Rockford, MI.
For the past couple weeks I have been getting acrylics and this week I decided to switch back to shellac, which you may have seen me post a picture of Instagram a couple days ago. One of my acrylics broke off Tuesday night before the game and so I ended up taking the rest off prior because just one off the whole night would of bothered me real bad. I know, I know taking nails off on your own isn't the best thing to do...no lecture needed. :p LOL. I went with red since it is both a color of NCA/NDA and the Pistons. When I've been randomly scrolling through Pinterest lately I've noticed a lot of ombre nails being pinned and this time around I decided to give it a go. What do you think??
Dinner + Leftovers:
On Wednesday night I went on an unplanned dinner adventure with a few friends, one of them being Heather who I'm linking up with today, her husband Scott and our friend Simone. We went to this Thai restaurant which I am unfortunately unsure of the name of because it was my first time there and I didn't pay attention the name...bad blogger moment. The food was absolutely delicious and dinner was accompanied by many many laughs! We left feeling bad for the table behind us because we were quite loud, but hey when you're having fun, you're having fun. Upon leaving I realized I had a second bad blogger moment and I didn't snap a picture of my food. That was quite alright though because I had the leftovers for lunch at work on Thursday so I made sure to stop and take a picture!
|Pineapple Fried Rice with Chicken.|
The last thing I wanted to share for today is my little corner of home away from home, aka my desk at work. I wanted to display things with meaning that could help me through a tough or long day.
I want to just briefly explain what and why.
1. I received this framed quote from my best friend Kayla for graduation back in May. It couldn't be more perfect for me. I truly believe in the fact we all have our own battles that we are fighting, relative to that persons place in life, and it is important to keep that in mind when we cross paths with one another.
2. An angel wing that my god-mom got me for this last Christmas from a retreat she went on.
3. A plaque with one of my favorite saying.
4. A reminder to live life for others over myself.
5. Pretty self explanatory; don't settle, keep dreaming.
1. A Mickey Mouse figurine because I am lover of all things Disney and always will be.
2. A daisy statue because daisies were my grandma's favorite flower and every time I look at it I think of her. My 'Conquer Chiari' bracelet as a reminder of my journey and to be thankful for each day no matter the good or the bad because I am able to wake up everyday and simply live and that in itself is enough.
3. A glass aerial view of Santorini, Greece that I got on my trip this summer with my family.
4. Mini-basketball symbolizing the blessing I've had these past 2 years being apart of the dance team.
5. Three little figurines; the elephant was my grandma's, the dolphin to remember my first time swimming with dolphins and the turtle just because it's too cute. The head bobbles!
These elegant notepads are my latest addition to my desk. My very good friend and teammate Lindsey bought them for me because she said that when she saw them she thought of me and couldn't resist. She is such a sweetheart who is always thinking about others.
I hope you all have a wonderful Friday that it continues on to be a great weekend!
I'll be back on Monday for MIMM and can't wait to hear all about them!
What favorite things do you have this week??
❤ Nichole ❤