Wednesday, March 4, 2015

#TheWorkIsWorthIt

"Working hard for something we don't care about is called stress.
Working hard for something we love is called passion."
~Simon Sinek

This quote could not be more accurate for every team who was in attendance at NCA/NDA Nationals this weekend in Dallas, TX. The countless hours each team puts in during the season working towards nationals is not done just because, it is done because there is a passion for what they do. 

The organization NCA/NDA has been apart of my life since I was in 7th grade. The people I have met throughout the years have become like family to me and I can't imagine my life without them. I love working these events for a couple of reasons; it gives me a chance to see everyone since we live in different states and I get the chance to witness hundreds to thousands of people do what they love.


Traveling to Texas {Friday}:
My mom and I headed to our local airport Friday morning around 6:00 am with a flight scheduled to leave at 7:10. We were headed from home to Minneapolis and then on to Texas. 


Right after snapping this picture I was out cold for the duration until we landed in Minneapolis. I hadn't flown through that airport in quite a long time. I honestly didn't remember much of it, but when my mom and I were walking to our next gate and we passed this "kids zone" I remembered where I was! It took a lot for me to not tell my mom to hold up a second and go run and explore. Lol. But...we had heard our flight was delayed so we needed to head to the gate and check out what was going on. 


When we got to the gate they let us know our flight would now be departing somewhere around 11:30 or 12, this was the time we were supposed to be getting into Dallas. We decided to go grab some lunch and do some shopping. I had forgotten as well that the Minneapolis airport was full of different stores! While we were walking around we passed by XpressSpa and stopped in. After reading through the different services we decided to treated ourselves to 15 minute neck and back massages. Perfection! Even the kid in me couldn't argue that that was a much better choice then running around the kids zone.


We finally boarded our flight and were headed off to Dallas. We had heard they were experiencing bad weather but I never expected it to look like this! Remember when I said Friday I thought I was escaping the snow?? Welp, I guess I was wrong...way wrong. It looked like we were landing back in MI!



After we landed and grabbed our bags we hopped in a cab and headed right to the convention center. Over the course of the next three days there would be an average of 77,000 people and 1,300 teams. 


We helped over at the dance venue and then headed to check in to our hotel. The hotel was actually attached to the convention center which we couldn't of been more thankful for after a long day of travel.



Day 1 of Competition {Saturday}:
Morning started bright and early with our alarm going off at 5:00 am and we headed over to the venue around 6. I got chills walking into the theater. I was getting so excited for all the participants. 


I was blessed with the opportunity to sit on the judges panel. The competition began promptly at 8. I met up with the rest of the judges at the necessary time and we prepared for the day.



Around 7:45 pm the last group performed. Everyone did an amazing job and we were looking forward to seeing them all go again on Sunday. I met up with my mom and some other workers and then we headed to help with whatever we could for the next day. This was also one of the first times I was able to see some of the people from NCA/NDA and get a second to chat with them. Night = made.

We headed back to the hotel around 11:30. 

Day 2 of Competition {Sunday}:
The competition began a little later on Sunday morning - 8:30 am instead of 8:00 - the morning for us started very similar to Saturday. The was performance schedule was set up was also a little different. Awards ceremonies were held at multiple times throughout the day once a whole division was complete. 


After one of the breaks I came back up to the tables and saw this "chocolate formation" that one of the judges made. I couldn't help but to snap a picture. Once a dancer always a dancer! 


Once again everyone brought it to the stage on Sunday much like Saturday. The 2 days went faster then I expected and I couldn't believe it was already 8:15 pm and the last awards ceremony was going on. Before mom and I headed back to the hotel to pack there were goodbyes that had to be said. :( This is always the hardest part of these weekends. They fly by because we are all busy and before I know it I'm hugging everyone goodbye when it seems like I just said hello. Nonetheless, I am thankful for the chance to see them even if I wish it was longer. 

We also stopped in to peek into the arena where one of the cheer venues was. Can you say packed??



It was a great weekend! I also really enjoyed all the time that I had with my mom because with being so busy lately I'm usually just home on Monday-Friday to sleep which doesn't leave for much quality time. 

A huge congratulations to each team that competed! 

Questions of the Day::
1) What's a passion of yours?
2) Do you feel the work is worth it for that passion?
3) Have you had stressed caused by doing something you don't care about?

❤ Nichole 

6 comments:

  1. That looks amazing! That room you stayed in looks so similar to the one I stayed in in Florida. Memories!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, yea! It's always great when you see something that reminds you of a happy time!

      Delete
  2. What an amazing weekend! So proud of your passion and how hard you worked this weekend. I know you agree "the work was worth it!" I loved our quality time together! Especially the laughter - but not our pizza take out!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you momma!<3 and yes, keep the weekend as was just subtract the experience we had with that pizza delivery. But hey, it may of been bad but still managed to make us laugh! Lol.

      Delete
  3. I always forget to answer the questions, sorry about that Nichole. But I did just see your mums comment, or mom :) hehe! how cute! :)

    It looks like you had a fantastic time! The photos are incredible and go extremely well to tell a story :)

    I'm a little delayed with blog reading so expect comments a little late :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun! You are always so sweet!! I just appreciate you being such a great supporter of all things blog<3 and yea my mommas comment mans me smile!! xox

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...