Thursday, July 10, 2014

Guest Post:: The Novel Coffee {Books That Inspire}



Hello, everyone! I am really glad to be guest posting here on Upbeat Uplifts! Before I get in to what this post is all about, I am going to tell you guys a bit about myself! I started blogging about four months ago. At first, it was a way to bond and get closer to my Big in my sorority, but I really enjoy it! I love being able to share my thoughts and experiences with people! Outside of blogging, I really love to read, sing Disney songs, and hang out with my friends! In keeping with the motivational theme of this blog, I decided to share three books that have inspired me a lot while I read them and long after I have read the last page and closed the book. 

First is The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. I have read this book multiple times since my sophomore year of high school and I love it so much. This book is about a freshman in high school named Charlie. He talks about a lot of the challenges he faces including parties, making friends, and dealing with traumatic situations. This book motivates me because through all of the struggles he goes through, he still finds a way to make it through! It is a great book to read when you are first going in to a new phase of your life! 

Next is The Fault in Our Stars by John Green! I know that this book has been getting a lot of attention lately with the movie coming out, so I am not going to talk a whole lot about this one since we all know that this story is a huge motivation. I am just a sucker for a love story and this one is fantastic. Nothing gives me more hope that I will find love than the story between Hazel and Augustus. 

Last is another book by John Green, An Abundance of Katherines. This book is about a young guy named Colin Singleton who is going through a breakup with his 19th Katherine. This book motivates me because I read it at a very crucial time. I had just recently gone through my first real heart break and it was nice to read this book and see that a break up is not the end of the world, even if it really kind of feels like it. 

What books motivate you? 

Je t'embrasse,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...