Hey there Upbeat Uplifts readers, it is Rebecca here today! I am so happy to be here today and so honored that Nichole asked me to do a guest post for her! I love Nichole’s blog and the positivity and happiness she presents in every post! I know that if we lived closer, we would be real life friends instead of just virtual blends ;)
So I blog over at Strength and Sunshine which is my lifestyle blog of everything food, fitness and fun! I post healthy gluten-free and allergy-free recipes and talk a lot about yoga!
1) Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I had been religious blog reader for years and started to feel left out by not being a bigger part of the community I fell in love with. I started with food blogs because I have always loved cooking, but then I was introduced to healthy lifestyle and fitness blogs. From there I knew that having my own blog was a must! It allowed me to connect with people that had a lot in common with me and that lived their lives the same way.
2) How long have you been blogging?
As of June 26th, I have had my blog for 1 year! It is crazy. It still feels like I just started and hit publish on my first awkward post. My blog has grown a lot and I am finally starting to figure out exactly where I want to take it. I still consider myself a newbie bloggers and I know I still have so much to learn, but blogging gets better each and every day through the connections, opportunities and the things you learn about yourself!
3) What is something you love to do outside blogging?
Well, I blog about the things I love which are fitness and cooking! Ask me if I would rather go to the movies or a yoga class. I will pick yoga in a heartbeat! (I actually hate watching movies! I don’t like sitting still for so long). And cooking. Well I think it is my greatest passion. But besides that, I love to read as well. One other thing I love is organizing! But I don’t get to do it often since my room is always clean, so I have to find other things to organize, put away, and throw out. Like unloading the dishwasher...pure joy ;)
I am also a recent high school graduate and will be making my way off to college at the end of August down to DC! This is going to be a crazy new adventure for me, so I am both so nervous, but so excited!
Today though, I wanted to talk to you all about happiness and how I find happiness and joy in my life. It truly is the little moments and things that bring the greatest joy to life. And when we find those little moments that bring us joy, we appreciate them more and know how to get out of a funk! So here are my 10 little (and some big) pieces of happiness!
1. Sunshine. There is nothing more refreshing and beautiful than waking up to a day full of bright natural light and warmth. Sunshine make me so happy and I appreciate every day that is! Just take a look at the name of my blog!
2. Breathing In The Warm Summer Air. How can you not find joy in taking that first breath of no longer bone chilly cold and stepping out into the sweet smell of summer?
3. Working Up A Sweat That Leaves Me Energized. Those feel good endorphins are no joke. I really never have done a workout that left me feeling bad or sad. Once I start moving and using my strong body, my whole mood changes. If you find yourself in need of a pick-me-up I suggest you get up and move!
4. Yoga. Speaking of working out, yoga is simply pure joy and bliss to me. When I am in need of happiness, I know that getting on the mat will allow me to find peace and connect with my body and spirit. Yoga in itself is beautiful and it makes me feel beautiful, confident, and strong.
5. Savoring A Quiet Morning. The happiest time of day? That one is easy! The hours between 4:00am and 9:00am. I am happiest that early, yes, that early in the morning. It is my time to come to being, move my body, make breakfast (pancakes on the weekends...always!), read blogs, and just be. Simple quiet stillness. Perfect happiness.
6.Confidence. When I am confident with myself and in myself, I feel happy. When I see someone being confident, it makes me happy as well. Confidence is so important to have. You don't want to let others walk all over you, you want to stand strong and live for what you want and believe. When you do that, you will find that little bit of happiness :)
7. Getting Lost In A Good Book. I have let this bit of happiness slip from my life this past year, but I am determined to bring it back. Now that school is over and I have more time, I will be able to finally start reading copious amounts of books now. Then fully getting enveloped in the characters and stories. So relaxing, so perfect!
8. Hugs. Some people like to speak their love, but I like hugs best. I have always had trouble saying “I Love You” to anyone, even my family. I would much rather show it in the form of a warm embrace. I feel it is more powerful and meaningful. Not to mention hugs always put a smile on my face and happiness in my heart.
9. Getting Creative In The Kitchen. I am not sure where my love of cooking came from, as my mom and dad don’t cook and my mom really hates it. But I find so much joy and happiness in getting in the kitchen and creating magic. I lose myself in my cooking and recipe creation. Trying out new techniques, flavors, ingredients, all with the hopes that everything will come out perfect and tasty. Even if it doesn't I am still happy I was able to spend time doing what I love!
10. Living. What is the ultimate happiness? Life! If we didn’t have life we wouldn’t even be able to experience happiness! Life has it ups and downs, its sadness and pain, anger and frustration, but with that, we learn what happiness is. To live and enjoy each and every moment we might normally skip over. To enjoy time with loved ones. To take care of ourselves. To simply love and be happy with who we are and where we are. Finding the happiness in the little things, big things, every thing!
Thank you again Nichole for allowing me to take over today! And I hope all of you come over to Strength and Sunshine and say hello! Everyone needs their daily dose of sunshine ;)
Connect with me, I love meeting new people!