Everyday we are surrounded with tips and tricks for how we can become healthier. We're told to eat this, take that, do this, do that. But, what if there was something that we could do daily, and as much as we wanted, that cost no money at all? It sounds too good to be true right? Well, it's not.
So, what is it that I'm proposing we do you ask? It's actually quite simple...just laugh!
Believe it or not there are many benefits to laughter. While reading a few articles, I came across this from helpguide.org that I think sums it all up very well; "laughter is a powerful remedy to stress, pain, and conflict." And, it is something that each one of us have the ability to include in our lives.
• makes you and others feel good
• boosts relationships
• is a natural pain killer
• decreases stress
• soothe tension
• improves breathing
• lowers blood pressure
• makes you look younger
• gives a good workout
to the diaphragm, abdominal, respiratory, facial, left and back muscles
• can help you relax and sleep
• improves alertness, creativity, memory
• produce general well-being
Ways to laugh.
• watch a comedy movie/TV show
• share/look up a good joke
• go to your bookstore's humor section
• go to a comedy club
• have a game night
• participate in fun activities
• look at old photos/videos
• surround yourself with funny people
• do something silly
"Laughter is an instant vacation." ~Milton Berle
Questions of the Day:
1) What different types of things make you laugh?
2) How integral is laughing in your life?
3) Did you know there were so many benefits to laughter?
❤ Nichole ❤