Monday, February 3, 2014

It All Matters

Yesterday I was hanging out with some friends before watching the Super Bowl and we talked about how our lives, which seemingly similar, are all in different places. This conversation linked very well with something I heard earlier in the day, "it all matters." And I couldn't wait until I could get to my computer today to reflect about it! 

So what does, it all matters mean?

To me, it all matters means that everything we go through in life, good or bad, has a purpose. Unfortunately, we all tend to think that only the good is what is important. I can say from personal experience however that the bad I have encountered has made me a stronger person to date. Without it I would not be the person I am and I would not have the outlooks I do. Yes, I know what you are thinking...she's only 21 what could she have experienced?

However; it's not what you experience, it's what you learn from it. Lessons can be learned no matter how big or small the situation may be. Everyone's situations are relative to who they are and where they are in life. My hardships may be a breeze to someone else. 

You can either let life happen and watch it as it flies by or you can decide to take control of your life and embrace all that happens to you. 

I prefer to learn from everything that happens to me which allows me to make the most of every moment I have. What will you decide?

Pain matters. People matter. Life matters.
It makes you who you are.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...