1. What does self-love mean to you?
Self-love to me is being proud of who you are. It is important to keep in mind of where you have come and where you are now. To celebrate the little things. Self-esteem was never something I was great with. I have always been super hard on myself. I do so because I like to constantly do my best, but there are certain ways to do it. I have now learned how to push myself yet to be thankful for and of whatever I end up accomplishing.
2. What is your favorite way to pamper yourself?
My favorite way to pamper myself is to either go for a pedicure or a massage. It is normally 45 minutes to an hour of just me and I try to not think about anything. It's best when I can go grab a pedicure with my mom! It can get pricey though so I don't do it too often.
3. What are your three favorite hobbies/pastimes that make your soul feel on fire?
1) Dance - my outlet, my passion, where I feel most like me
2) Time with my family/close friends - memories that outlast anything
3) Most recently, blogging - I love writing and sharing
4. What movie always puts you in a good mode when you're not in the greatest mood?
I can't name just one, but I would have to say any type of comedy can do this! Also Disney movies, can do the trick!
5. Who do you trust so much that you would easily believe in anything and everything they said?
My parents, brother, and boyfriend. My family is my everything and I know they always have my best interest in mind. They always look out for me.
6. What quote totally motivates you?
"We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worst that has been done to us." - This quote helps me remember that what I'm going through isn't the end and isn't what I should put my focus to. Instead I need to look inside of myself and use the gifts I have been given to become who I am meant to become.
7. When was the last time you took yourself on a date? What did you do?
Last Friday. I went for a much needed massage. It was wonderful.
8. What make-up or beauty products makes you feel like a million bucks?
When I am not on court I really do not wear too much make-up. However, I love my blush. I think it instantly brightens up a face.
9. What is the last thing you did for someone else that made you feel amazing?
I can't think of something specific because I tend to do a lot of little things. Everyday I try to do something for someone. I try to make someones day better in anyway I can. I love to help people, it is a passion of mine. If I leave someone in a better mood then when I first saw them I feel amazing. Even a simple exchange of a smile makes me feel good!
10. Do you feel comfortable with and without make-up on?
Both, however, I actually prefer to not wear make-up. For the longest time I was not comfortable with people seeing me without make-up and I would constantly be fixing it throughout the day. As I have become more confident in myself over the past couple years I have noticed I do not feel as if I need makeup like I used to.
11. What piece of advice would you give a child about to grow up with the pressures of today's media and its crushing expectations?
I would tell them to not listen to what they hear or internalize what they see. I would explain to them that the "flawless" look that is portrayed to us in not reality. I would tell them to be true to themselves. Granted my just simply saying it may not do the trick so I would encourage them to look for the truth themselves. I would encourage them to look at pictures of stars when they are not "made up" to see they are just like us. I would explain to them the true meaning of beauty is more then what you see.
12. What song puts you in a good mood every time?
Even though it is a tad over played I would have to say the song "Happy" by Pharrell. It talks about how if you are happy you can take whatever life brings your way!
13. What is the best advice someone gave you or you realized about life?
My mom has always told me that if you can list the people you can count on on one had (5 fingers) you are blessed. This has stuck with me because the amount of friends you have in life does not enhance your life, but the types of people they are can. Surround yourself with those who genuinely care.
14. Who makes you giggle like a giggle monster?
My brother makes me literally laugh out loud all the time. He is one of the funniest people I know. He deals with life through humor and he is pretty darn good at it!
15. What is something about society that bugs you that you wish didn't?
I think being the fact the majority of the world is materialistic. I care more about the relationships in my life and I know I always will. It's hard for me though when people don't and they care more about the things they have or the things someone can bring to a relationship. I always want to change them, but I have to constantly remind myself that they are who they are and I am who I am. I will be better off in the long run caring about people.
16. What is one of your favorite things to do on the weekends?
One of my favorite things to do on the weekend is to just have a simple and relaxed weekend. I am a very simple soul. I love extravagant things but I find just as much beauty in the little things. The other weekend my boyfriend and I just stayed in and played euchre with my parents and it was one of the most fun nights.
17. What is something you're really proud of that you've done?
I am really proud that I am graduating in four year. I made it a goal of mine starting my freshman year and due to my health I thought I was off track for good. I met with my advisor, planned a couple 17 credit semesters and got back on track. I will be graduating in May exactly 4 years from when I graduated high school.
18. What is one of your favorite memories with one of your friends?
There are so many! I have some of the most amazing friends in the world! I think one of my favorite memories is of when I was in the hospital and I received a youtube video put together by my friend Alex. He got all of my close friends at school to send me love through a video since they could not physically be there with me.
19. What advice would you give someone who needs a boost in confidence?
I would tell them to always try to look for the good. There is always something good. I would also tell them to know that no matter what they are going through it will get better. Everything they go through matters and it is helping to shape them into who they are meant to be. I would tell them to embrace the bad instead of letting it over take them. I would tell them to always be true to them and never be ashamed of who they are.
20. Lastly, how do you plan on investing in self-love?
This blog. I have always been told I have a very special outlook on life. This is a way for me to reflect personally and share it externally.
I now tag anyone and everyone who reads this post!
Comment with a link to your post if you do!
Follow on Bloglovin'